27th Dec 2013 – Turkish riot police fired water cannon and plastic bullets to break up an anti-government demonstration by hundreds of protesters.
Police blocked hundreds of protesters from gathering in Istanbul’s central Taksim Square and pushed them away to the nearby streets. A high-level bribery and corruption investigation involving close government allies has led to a new outpouring of anger against Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s government.
- Turkey police fire water cannon, plastic bullets to disperse protesters (dailystar.com.lb)
- On Istanbul streets, rage at the government (wyff4.com)
- Turkish Riot Police Clash with Demonstrators (world.time.com)
- RT crew caught up in tear gas in Istanbul as police crack down on anti-govt protest (rt.com)
- Turkish riot police clash with demonstrators (cnsnews.com)